The main results of the project are available at the project website:
- Territorial online database: The tool developed for WOODE3 project aims to gather information related to the harvesting and for the use of forest biomass in areas of the Mediterranean Basin in Europe. They include: The WOODE3 data base that provides information for actors in the forestry sector or industry using wood, applicable law, the industry players in the region, projects and facilities, and an interesting bibliography.
- Impact Assessment Tool: This is an analysis tool that aims to help policy makers in evaluating to assess the quality of supply projects using biomass for energy purposes, including aspects related to the environment, society and the economy. The tool is organized around the four pillars of sustainable development: economic, social, environmental and governance. The user must answer a series of questions used to assess these four pillars. The result can be compared with other projects so that the assessor can observe the strengths and weaknesses of different projects in a simple and objective way.
- Carbon Foot Print: The tool for calculating the carbon footprint saves, while being guided, all CO2 emissions from harvesting, processing and use of woody biomass from forests. The tool covers different processes, from logging to the arrival in the factory, calculating CO2 emissions for each process from data entered by the user, in particular the methods and machinery used.
- Handbook on policy recommendations: The purpose of this document is to formulate responses, based on concrete examples, the most widespread on the strategic development of the wood energy sector policy issues. It helps to inform policy makers involved at all levels, from local to regional, on the findings of the WOODE3 project conclusions, and provide a tool to encourage a policy of sustainable development of wood energy.
- Follow -up Plan: This document explains; the capitalization of project results and how they may be appropriate for stakeholders to contribute to the improvement of wood energy in the Mediterranean, in particular to meet the challenges arise in regions of the EU in 2020.
The exchange of best practices and the capitalization of expertise led to the experimentation of innovative and transferable solutions. The creation of the decision support tool will facilitate a sustainable development of wood energy sector. The continuous updating of the online platform and integration of actions are designed to ensure the sustainability WOODE3.